This committee focuses on those activities which Rotarians and Clubs undertake to improve the quality of life in their community. This often involves assistance to youth, the aged, handicapped and others who look to Rotary as a source of hope for a better life.
Thus the key purposes are to:
- Raise funds for local charities through collections & social events. Interact with locally-based charities and organisations as appropriate (eg: Caring for Life; Wheatfield’s Hospice; St Gemma’s; St George’s Crypt; Leeds Foodbanks).
- To give support to the local community with a focus on:
- Education in local Schools through the Rotary Schools Technology Tournament
- St Peter’s Primary School
- Provide members of the school Governing Board when requested
- Beavers group
- Poetry and Young Writers’ Competitions
- Reading development
- Care of the library and the issue of books
- Children’s gardens
- Caring for Life
- literacy & numeracy
- Leeds Foodbanks).
- Food Collections
- Encourage members to serve others in the community through their jobs, the practice of high ethical standards and supporting environmental projects.