Did you know that…..
- Starting with 4 people meeting in 1904, Rotary now has over 1.250,000 members worldwide and covers all cultures and religions.
- Any member can visit any of the 34,000 clubs in over 200 countries worldwide and is encouraged to do so
- Rotary is based club activities which help to give personal development, friendship and social interaction as well as service
- However when clubs combine efforts to tackle problems, they are more effective together than individual total could be.
- One of these is to eradicate polio which is almost done but it supports many other international, national and local causes and because of this, Rotary is the only NGO with an office at the UN (by invitation)
- Membership is wide open to all races and gender
- The minimum age for joining Rotary is 18
Permanent link to this article: http://rchweb.co.uk/about-us/did-you-know-that/